Hey! I am a computer science teacher in Omaha Nebraska. I am passionate about CS education and believe that computer science is a subject we need to teach to all students as a 21st century literacy, not just an elective for those who choose it. I think that CS is a gateway to so many careers and that computer science, much like art or music, empower’s students by allowing them to create.
I have taught since 2005 and in that time have taught a wide range of math and computer courses including:
- Computer Service Repair (A+ Certification Prep Course)
- Intro to Computer Science
- AP Computer Science
- Computer Science Principles
- Taught both at high school and at the University of Nebraska Omaha
- Intro to Engineering Design (PLTW)
- Cyber Security
- Engineering Development and Design – Senior Capstone (PLTW)
I am always looking to adapt my classes to be more engaging for a wide variety of students and look forward to new ideas and new ways of teaching CS.
Finally, I have two children who are amazing. I am an urban design nerd, bike, beer, podcast enthusiast and am generally up for adventure. I hope that I can make a difference in CS education, raise wonderful human beings, and help make my neighborhood and city a better place to live.